We are so excited to announce our MOM (Motivating Mom of the Month) for April! Each month we will take a moment to honor one of our local FIT4MOM Montgomery County Moms for her efforts to lead a healthy lifestyle and for her dedication to the program. This month we honor Sara Lunzer.
"Sara has been an active member of Stroller Strides since last year and she has completed almost 2 sessions of Body Back. Sara hardly ever misses a class, it's only when she or one of her family members is sick. She is a dedicated mom and wife and her healthy lifestyle inspires other moms. She continues to set goals, work hard, and encourage those around her! Her constant smile and positive energy burst out of her and spread around other people! I'm glad that I met Sara and Link at one of her first classes last year and I'm so happy that she joined me at our AM session of Body Back! Congratulations Sara! You are amazing in so many ways!" ~ instructor Ewa
We asked Sara a few questions so we can all get to know her better, and here is what she had to say:
1. Who are the members of your family?
Our family of five is Me (mamma) John (dad/step-dad) Demetrias (18) Ashur (13) and last but not least Link (12mths)
2. What is/was your career?
My career before becoming a stay at home mom after Link was born was a pediatric medical assistant and an EMT with Kensington Volunteer Fire Department.
3. How long have you been a member of FIT4MOM Montgomery County, and what has it done for you?
I joined Stroller Strides in September of 2015 when Link was five months old. After Link was born I really struggled to come out of my "postpartum funk", joining SS was finally what helped me feel like myself again. I was getting out of the house, talking with other moms in the same season of life as me and getting stronger and healthier.
4. What is your favorite class exercise?
I can't think of a favorite exercise (is that an oxymoron?) but I can tell you my least favorite...high knees...the worst oh and some weird grapevine thing...I always trip over my own feet!
5. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood?
Something that never ceases to surprise me about motherhood is that no matter how long you have been a mom it never gets any easier and I never seem to know what I am doing?? I am just trying to figure it out on a day by day basis. Please tell me I am not alone?
6. List 3 of your favorite things:
- Undercover Mamma nursing tanks (seriously I could not live without them)
- Dried Cherries
- Waking up super early so I can have a few hours alone before the madness of my day begins.
7. What your proudest mommy moment so far?
My proudest mommy moment would need to be 3 separate moments to be fair to the kiddos.
- Finding out my oldest son got into his college of choice.
- Watching my middle son fall in love with finally being a big brother.
- Making it through postpartum anxiety, depression and insomnia after our youngest was born.
8. Any advice for other moms out there?
The best advice I can give to other mammas is to not be afraid or ashamed of seeking treatment for any mental health problems. Please don't wait until there is a crisis. Please don't downplay your symptoms. Please look out for other moms who may be struggling and haven't yet reached out for help.
Thank you, Sara, for being such a valuable (& truly inspiring!) part of Our Village here at FIT4MOM Montgomery County! We truly appreciate you!
Check back to see who our MOM will be in May!