We are excited to begin a special Motivating MOM (Mom of the Month) program at Fit4Mom Montgomery County! Each month we will take a moment to honor one of our local Fit4Mom Montgomery County Moms for her efforts to lead a healthy lifestyle and for her dedication to the program. This month we honor Wanda Durvasula.
Wanda never skips a beat. She's dedicated, hard-working and shows such love and compassion for everyone she gets to know. We are excited to have her as our first Motivating MOM!
We asked Wanda a few questions so we can all get to know her better, and here is what she had to say:
1. Who are the members of your family? Suri, Kiran (5 y/o), Avani (3 y/o), and Maya (1 y/o; for 1 more month!!)
2. What is/was your career? ER Nurse
3. How long have you been a member of Stroller Strides of Montgomery County, and what has it done for you? 20 months and it has CHANGED MY LIFE! I was a runner before Kiran was born but did not exercise throughout, or between, any of my pregnancies. Once I had Maya I knew I had to get back in shape. SS has not only made me stronger and helped me embrace a healthier diet, but it has taught my kids the importance of exercise and how fun it is! Plus, it has led me to become friends with some wonderful families!
4. What is your favorite strides exercise? Freedom runs! And sprints w/ picking up cups and then doing the exercise listed on cups (burpees, squat jumps, mountain climbers, etc.)
5.. What is something that has surprised you about motherhood? I didn't realize I would become more maternal with each baby I had :)
6. List 3 of your favorite things: Besides my family, 1. Traveling, 2. Exercising 3. The ocean (scuba diving and the beach)
7. What your proudest mommy moment so far? Seeing my kids grow, learn, and turn into wonderful, little human beings makes me so proud!
8. Any advice for other moms out there? Enjoy being a mommy; cherish the good times and embrace the bad times (just remember: it's only a phase!).
Thank you, Wanda, for being such a valuable part of Our Village here at Stroller Strides! Stay tuned for our Motivating MOM next month!